October 19, 2008

"The Bridge"

I don't really know what I want to do with this page, I started off with just wanting to be a place for me to post my poems, but I am not sure now. I don't really want this to be just a blog either though. Like I said, I have no clue what I want. But right now I just want to write about a documentary that I went to last night. The documentary is called "The Bridge"

*taken from the website www.thebridge-themovie.com*
The documentary was very interesting, I went with my RA, one of the sophomores from my floor and a couple of people who my RA invited to come along with us. The documentary was very touching and it really made me think. I wonder how many people we walk by or stop and talk to each day who are contemplating suicide, or feeling depressed, there has got to be a lot. Anyways this post isn't going to be mainly about that, though it was what let up to what we were talking about on our walk back. On our way back from the documentary my RA was talking to one of her friends, another RA from a different floor, and was talking about how we had had a movie night in the lobby and hadn't known what movie to watch and she said that one of the guy RA's from our building had told her that she should play "Wristcutters: A Love Story" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0477139/) because he thought it was so funny. She had decided against it, because she didn't feel that the movie was a good one to play (which I am so thankful for). She was talking to her friend and was telling her about how one of her friends actually "does that" so that is partially why she didn't feel comfortable with the movie.

But anyways, I am thinking now that I may just be able to talk to her, she has someone who she calls a friend who harms themself. Maybe she understands. This really made me excited because now I feel more comfortable telling her.

Anyways I should go work on my paper and studying for my test.

Emmy R.

No comments: