October 14, 2008

My Writing

*note to readers*
This is another poem that I have no clue when it was written, I believe that this one was within the last year.
*end note to readers*


My writing
Is a way
For me to understand
What’s going on in my life
A way for me
To
PRIVATELY
Organize my thoughts
When that privacy is
Breached
I lose myself
My one thing I can call my own
STOLEN
From me
My words,
They are mine
Why can others not understand
Some things that are written
Aren’t meant to be read
Except by the writer
The written word
Is so powerful
Sometimes when I write
The words are caught with the moment:
Deep, rich words,
Full of anger
Full of lust
Full of joy
The words hold only truth
But the truth
Held in emotion
Passing
Fleeting by
And then it’s gone
And all that’s left is the words


If others read them
They won’t understand
They’ll take the words literally
Instead of just as emotions
The words can cause worry
When none is necessary
And scare
With no reason

No comments: