December 3, 2008

Missing My Family

So I am pretty sure that I have mentioned this before, but I am half way across the country right now at college. Today I got a package in the mail from my family. My siblings baked me some cookies and frosted them. One cookie says "I <3 you!" and has the names of my four siblings on it. I also got a letter from my brother who is 10. They made me cry since I haven't seen my family in almost 4 months and I won't see them till Christmas break. My brothers card said that he loves me and misses me and really wants to hang out when I get home. I can't wait!!!

The card and cookies made me cry. I haven't had a good cry in a long time and I was really overdue for one!

When I left for college I knew from the get-go that I was going to be far away from my family, and I sort of knew what to expect.

But one thing I definitely did not expect was how much I miss my family. I didn't think I would be homesick at all, but about a month into being here it kind of hit me that I wasn't going to see my family for another three months or so. Since then I have been homesick sporadically. I miss my family SO much and can't wait to go home and just spend some time with them. You know the saying "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"? This is definitely true in my case! I can't wait to go home and just chill with each of my siblings and spend time with each of them, and actually talk to them. I have taken my family for granted for way too long now, but since I haven't seen them for so long I am really beginning to see what I am missing.

I miss the late night chats and going shopping with my sisters. Chatting with my brothers and taking them to the mall. I am missing so much of their lives this year. My sisters are a sophomore and a senior and my brothers are in 5th and 6th grade. Man I can't wait to see them!

Emmy R.

No comments: