January 1, 2009

Grades, Christmas/Winter Break, and Quotes from "The Shack"

I got my grades for this semester and I passed all my classes! I am very happy!!! I got an A in my prelude class (a super easy class that all freshman and transfer students have to take the first half of their first semester at my college), I got a B in my Philosophy class (don't know how I managed that one LOL), I got either a C or C- in my Spanish, Social Work, and Biology classes...so ya basically I did horrible but that is ok!!! At least I passed...



Christmas break is going by soooo fast! I feel like it has just started and I leave to go back already on tuesday...uggh...
Currently I am enjoying my break...but I have soooo much more stuff to get done...
I am leaving early tomorrow morning for a trip to Mexico (The Baja Peninsula) to visit an orphanage there. My sister had her birthday in August and instead of getting gifts for herself, she asked people to bring toys which she could give to the kids at the orphanage. So that is our plan for tomorrow...leave in the morning and then come back that night...



Lastly...Quotes from "The Shack" by William P. Young:
pg. 126 "Trust is the fruit of a relationship in which you know you are loved. Because you do not know that I love you, you cannot trust me." This is said by Sarayu who represents the Holy Spirit (but also the Trinity...and therefore both Jesus and God and the Holy Spirit at the same time, if that makes any sense...).

pg. 78 " "It is a picture of my bride, the Church: individuals who together form a spiritual city with a living river flowing through the middle, and on both shores trees growing with fruit that will heal the hurt and sorrows of the nations. And the city is always open, and each get into it is made of a single pearl..." He opened one eye and looked at Mack. "That would be me!" He saw Mack's question and explained, "Pearls, Mack. The only precious stone made by pain, suffering and--finally--death." " Said by Jesus when he and Mack are talking about the view of Heaven that many people hold...streets made of gold bricks...pearly gates...etc.

pg. 180 "An awful lot of what is done in my name has nothing to do with me and is often, even if unintentional, very contrary to my purposes." This was said by Jesus.

pg 188 "Mack, just because I work incredible good out of unspeakable tragedies doesn't mean I orchestrate the tragedies. Don't ever assume that my using something means I caused it or that I need it to accomplish my purposes. That will only lead yo to false notions about me. Grace doesn't depend on suffering to exist, but where there is suffering you will find grace in many facets and colors." This is said by God also called "Papa".


oh ya...and just to be sure...I don't want to get in trouble for plaigerism or anything so here...
All the quotes in the above section of this post belong solely to the William P. Young and are taken directly from his book "The Shack" which is published by Windblown Media.
Young, William. The Shack. City: Windblown Media, 2007.

So those particular quotes were ones that jumped out to me...particularly the first one...





That is all for tonight...my mom wants me to empty out my suitcase so she can use it for Mexico and my sister wants me to drive her and her friend to the local Target...


Emmy R.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done on passing =D