February 2, 2009

Questions about me and my self-harm...

Age: 18

Birthday: Late in May

Label yourself (prep,goth,druggie,weirdo, etc.): I don't do labels...

How long have you been cutting?: 4-5 years...

Favorite tool?: mainly scissors sometimes razors

Where (place) do you cut? (school,home, etc.): usually the bathroom on my own...sitting on the toilet or in the shower

Do you have to hide your whole arm(s) (wrists,forearms,& upper arms etc)
No, the scars are barely visible

Do you have to wear long-sleeves & long-pants all the time?: No

Do you cut on your stomach, or chest?: not generally

Do you cut on your hands, neck, or face?: not usually...though sometimes my hands

Are your legs, arms, & other body parts covered in scars?: not really

What's your favorite excuse to use when someone asks about a cut/scar?: They are barely visible...so people never see them...but one time a friend saw a cut and I said it was a cat scratch...lame i know...

Off the top of your head, about how many scars do you have?: a few...basically invisible...

Have you ever been hospitalized because of your cutting?: No

Do you have (diagnosed or not) Depression, and/or Bipolar/BPD?: maybe a little depression...

Who knows you cut?: My RA, RD and a few random friends

Have you ever been caught cutting?: no

Have your parents ever confronted you about a bloody sleeve, or towel?: no

Did you have a good childhood?: most of it...until jr high...

Why do you cut?: it helps me to deal with emotions that I don't know how to express

Have you ever talked to a therapist or counselor?: Yes

Do you want to stop cutting, but cant because of addiction?: I have mainly stopped...but the pressure to start again is sometimes almost unbearable...and I have messed up...

Do you like cutting?: that is a wierd question....I don't really like it...but I don't know how i would have gotten through the things i went through without it...

How many times have you tried to complete suicide?: never...my self-harm is about living through crap...not dying...

What are your views on cutting, and other self-injury?: I understand what people have gone through to make them feel the way they do that leads to self-harm...because I have gone through it too...

Do you like watching movies with Self-injury?: depends on my mood...

Do you like looking at pictures of Self-injury?: again depends on my mood...

Do you sometimes envy other people? (non-self-injurers): depends...we all have crap to deal with in life...

Have you ever taken any pictures of your cuts/scars?: yes, but I don't post them online generally...

Do you want to die? if yes, Why?: No

Have you ever done a school assignment on cutting, or self-injury?: Yes, I actually just wrote a paper on it...

What do you like to listen too while cutting?: I don't listen to anything...

Have you ever needed stitches from cutting? no

Do you dream about cutting? no

Would you rather have a boyfriend/girlfriend that is also a cutter?: maybe because they would understand...but no because I don't want them to have to deal with that type of pain...

What do you use to bandage your cuts after a session?: I cover my cuts with gauze and tape generally






if anyone has any other questions let me know...I will most likely answer them...

Emmy R.

No comments: