May 3, 2009

Mother's day

Thinking ahead to Mother's day...
Coming up on May 10...
I'm writing a card to send to my mom...
Looking at my card...
I want a poem...
Perhaps I could write one...
My style of poetry...
On a Mother's day card?
I don't think so...
I googled "Mother's day poems"...
Here are two that I found...


"Happy Mother's Day" means more
Than have a happy day.
Within those words lie lots of things
We never get to say.

It means I love you first of all,
Then thanks for all you do.
It means you mean a lot to me,
And that I honor you.

But most of all, I guess it means
That I am thinking of
Your happiness on this, your day,
With pleasure and with love.


I know we sometimes argue, and
I sometimes blow my lid.
But I still love you very much:
I'm only just a kid.

Sometimes I need to push against
The fences you erect,
Even though I know they're there
To shelter and protect.

I know you want the best for me
And to keep me from all harm.
I just want you to know I couldn't
Have a better mom.



I am thinking that I am going to use the first poem in my card...i started to cry a little as i read it...boy do i miss my mom...

I head home in about 18 days!!! I can't wait...

but those 18 days are going to be VERY busy...filled with final papers and projects and exams....



back to my "Theology" book i have to read and then write a paper on...


ick...


Emmy R.

No comments: